background

Sunday, April 14, 2013

I Just Want to Please the Lord


I'm asked alot what I think about going to Arizona. Questions like: If I am excited, If I'll like the climate, If I'll like what school the boys will attend, If it is too far from home, If I'll love how the homes are different or that the boys might not have much of a yard to play in.

Yes, those questions are questions I think about daily. If I let it, it can get me down. It can cause fear to creep in and can cause me to miss the big picture.

To be honest, the only reason I'm going across the United States and leaving my family and friends far behind is for one purpose: to please the Lord and do His will. Without a shadow of a doubt, God has called us to this specific spot, this specific church, at this specific time. It is not where I might have chosen, or even where Myron would have chosen. God chose this for us. It's not about us, it's about Him. It's not about me, it's about Him. Therefore, we decided a long time ago that we want to please the Lord with our lives and do His perfect will everyday. So, since He has called us, we will go. This move requires Faith- and faith is built by experiences and circumstances.  My faith desperately needs to grow even more, and this move will do that for me. This adventure excites me and I can't wait to see how God will grow my faith.

Driving home alone in the car late one evening this week, while struggling with different trials and fears with our move creeping up on us--- God gave me this song. When I start feeling weary about why we may be moving so far away, God has given me these words to remind me what my purpose in life is--no matter if here in Goldsboro or 36 hours away in Arizona--

My Goal is simply to Please Him. Do His Perfect Will Everyday.

And for me, this means moving to Arizona to help, serve and reach a community for Christ with my husband and 3 boys.

What a beautiful song with an awesome meaning.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and His Perfect Plan for your family just now. No, He will not reveal what "life will be in Gilbert, AZ." but you can rest assured, Julie..it will be a perfect life as you and your family serve Him daily.
    Grandpa and I are so happy that you, Myron and your "three boys" are obeying His Call..that is all that matters right now. We love you all dearly and pray several times a day for you both and your boys, grandpa and grandma Haas

    ReplyDelete