background

Monday, January 21, 2013

"Sorry, Can't Move Here"

 
While we were in Arizona, I had jokingly been telling Myron that I just couldn't go. Go- meaning, Go to Arizona to live. I would give him real excuses, like:
  1. Too Hot
  2. Too Far
  3. Too City-ish and Desert-ish at the same time
  4. No Trees
  5. No Cotton Fields or Tractors
And the list would continue. I wasn't really serious, but just talking about the major differences. (Ok, #2 I was serious about)

I really couldn't believe all of the shopping and places to go and do as a family. I would tell him a store that I love, and say, "I bet they don't have this store! Sorry can't move here." (Only joking!) Well, one store that I was sure they didn't have, which is one of my favorites is Charming Charlie! Charming Charlie is a small warehouse of jewelry! Pretty jewelry at pretty awesome prices. (For all of my local readers, there is one near Triangle Town Center Mall!!) As I was sitting in the hotel room, I even looked it up on my phone. Nope. NO Charming Charlie.

That was it. It was my red flag (joking, but not really). I had finally found a red flag.

We had made plans to meet with some friends, Mike and Misty Cash, who minister in Mesa for supper. They told us to meet them at the SanTan Village. SanTan is an awesome shopping area with restaurants and even a water-spray park. In fact, one thing I do love about Arizona, is that while you are walking on the sidewalks from store to store or even while you are waiting outside of a restaurant to eat, there are spray mist everywhere that help to keep you cool in the 115 degree weather!

As I got out of the car to hug Misty, she smiled at me and said something like this, "I wanted to take you to Charming Charlie--Have you ever been to one?" Almost immediately after I hugged her she said the words-"Charming Charlie!!"

Speechless. Looked at Myron and he busted out laughing. Red flag- gone.

I began to tell her the story, and learned a new one had opened up in the SanTan Village. In fact, it was just right behind us. I couldn't wait to go and see it! I thought about how humorous the Lord is sometimes. How something as small and crazy as a little jewelry store could be something He knew I would like.

So, the deciding factor for me to move to the desert was because of Charming Charlie  God answered so many prayers and made it crystal clear to Myron (and me) that it was His perfect will!;)

1 comment:

  1. That's neat! It's amazing how the Lord provides and blesses as we follow Him:)

    ReplyDelete